This vegetarian tomato lasagna is one of my favorite meals. Its a recipe from my first vegetarian cookbook. It’s named: “Kochvergnügen vegetarisch” and it’s a GU cookbook. Every single time my mum asks me if I have a wish for next weeks meals, I say: tomato lasagna, please! It’s just so good, what can I do.. It also contains mozzarella, bechamel sauce and fresh basil leaves. This time it was the first time ever that I managed to make a bechamel sauce without clumps (yay for that). I changed amount of butter and milk in the bechamel sauce but it depends on your taste if you either like a firm or a soft lasagna. Well, have fun cooking this veggie meal! 🙂
Ingredients (for 6):
- 1kg tomatos
- 60g butter
- 60g flour
- 600ml milk
- 100g whipped cream
- 200ml dry white wine (or vegetable stock)
- 100g ground Parmesan
- freshly ground nutmeg
- freshly ground white pepper
- 600g mozzarella
- 1 bunch basil
- 300g lasagna leaves
- Rinse the tomatos, place them in a pot, and pour over boiling water. Peel them and cut in 1 cm thick slices.
- Melt the butter, add the flour an lightly roast it. Add one after another, milk, whipped cream and white wine while stirring continously.
- Let the sauce lightly boil for about 3 minutes, then add the Parmesan, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Cube the mozzarella. Rinse and dry the basil. Cut the leaves in stripes.
- Preaheat the oven to 180°C and butter a rectangular tin. Cover the gorund of the tin with bechamel sauce. Then add the tomato slices, then mozzarella, and toss with basil. Cover with lasagna leaves. Repeat until there are no ingredients left. Finish with tomatos and mozzarella. Bake for about0 minutes.
Enjoy, Noemi (: