Nadja and I noticed that we haven’t posted any vegan recipes for a while and so I decided to come up with one. This actually isn’t a vegan recipe because of the honey but for vegans I suggest using maple syrup instead (didn´t try but it should work quiet as well). The original recipe (Salted honey macadamias) is from Belle Gibson’s App ‘The Whole Pantry’. I didn’t have macadamias at home so I simply used almonds. Even if it really takes a long time in the oven it’s totally worth it, it’s such a good treat! As ‘The Whole Pantry’ App comes up with new recipes every month I may present some of her recipes in the next time! (:
- 180g raw almonds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes (I used normal sea salt, its not as good as sea salt flakes but it also works)
- 720ml water with 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
Pre-soaking the nuts:
- Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with water and sea salt.
- Leave to soak over night or for 1-2 hours.
Baking the nuts:
- Preheat the oven to 60°C.
- Drain the almonds and coat with honey and sea salt flakes.
- Transfer the mixture on a baking sheet (I used a loaf pan) and place in the oven.
- Bake for 4 hours ( the baking time depends on your oven and on how firm you want the nuts to be so it may variate a bit). Occasionally turn the nuts.