Quacamole is one of my personal favorite snacks. Perfect for summer partys or evening TV-snacks dipped with tacos…MMMH. I always make some easy made guacamole using only a few ingredients: avocados, tomatoes, shallots, seasoned with lemon, salt and pepper to taste. And last year I actually got to know a mexican secret making quacamole and keeping it to look extra fresh… I will share the secret with you guys: It´s adding the avocoado´s pit in the quacamole after stiring everything together (remove pit right before serving).
And by the way did you know how healthy avocado is? Some of so many health benefits…
- Good for your heart: Avocados have an excellent source of healthful fats which provides protection against heart diseases.
- Avocados are a good source of fiber (provides feeling of fullness) & potassium (lowers blood pressure).
- The vitamins that you can find in an avocado are B vitamins which boost your metabolism along with vitamin K which helps your body by making proteins.
- Also consists of vitamin E which boost your immune system so that you can fight off invading bacteria and viruses.
- And vitamine C which is important for your skin and bones.
This is what you will need:
- 2 avocados
- 2 hands full of cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
Cut avocados in half, remove pit and spoon out avocado. Mash avocado in a medium sized bowl using a fork. I like my quacamole being a little chunky so I don´t mash it up too much. Then cut tomatoes into small pieces. Chop a shallot. Then combine tomatoes and chopped shallot to avocado. Salt and pepper to taste and squeeze lemon juice on top. Stir well and serve or keep in fridge until serving… As mentioned add pit to keep quacamole looking even more fresh.
Serve with pitas, tortillas & tacos or other goodies.