Here comes another recipe from ‘A Vegan Citchen’. I changed some of the ingredients because I ran out of some things and it was sunday which means no stores are opened in austria. These chocolate brownies are baked but still chewy and really moist inside.
Since I’m vegan my brother always makes jokes about my meals and he´s always like ‘What? You really want to eat this?!’. But as soon as I bake something, he wants to have some as well and I got to tease him: ‘But it’s vegan, isn’t that ugly?’. As I want to prove him that vegan food isn’t ugly at all, I always share my pastries and stuff with him. He actually really liked these brownies. (; In this recipe I replaced the ground apple with chestnuts, the maple syrup with agave syrup and instead of rice bran oil I used peanut oil. See the orginal recipe here. And as always I recommend serving it with fresh berries. (:
8 pitted dates
1 medium ripe banana
60ml agave syrup
just over 60ml peanut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g flour of choice (I used whole spelt flour)
60g almond meal (you can grind almonds in a food processor)
56g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
43g chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 175 C and line tin/pan with parchment paper so it’s fully covered.
2. (I used magic bullet for this but you can use a food processor) process the almonds into a flour like consistency. Remove ground almonds and set aside. In the food processor, process the chestnuts, dates, banana, agavee syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix. Fold in the nuts.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan and gently smooth out with a wet spatula. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cake tester comes out with a few crumbs. Cut in to squares. and serve
Nadja & Noemi (: