In the last couple of days it has been cold and rainy in Austria and my mum and I were craving a soup.I found a recipe on the iPhone app ‘Veg Kickstart’ and luckily had all the inrgedients at home. The preparation doesn’t take much time and shows that you don’t always need an enormous amount of special ingredients to prepare something good and healthy!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, thinly sliced
- 480ml water or vegetable stock
- 2 red bell peppers
- 480ml soymilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (use freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place onion and carrots into a pot with water or stock and simmer, covered, over medium heat until the carrots can beeasily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Roast bell peppers by placing them over an open gas flame or directly under the broiler (I simply grilled them in the oven) until the skin is completely blackened. Place in a bowl, cover, and let stand about 15 minutes. Slip the charred skin off with your fingers, then cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds.
- Blend the carrot mixture along with the bell peppers in a blender or food processor in several small batches. Add some of the soymilk to each batch to facilitate blending. Return to the pot and add lemon juice, vinegar, salt and black pepper. Heat until steamy.