Well, here comes another recipe from the amazing ‘petite kitchen‘. It’s a chocoalte fudge with black beans. I have often seen brownie recipes in which black beans had been used, but never knew how to prepare them beacuse the instructions seemed so strange to me. As I looked through Jennifer Garrett’s blog, I found this delicous fudge recipe and the instructions semmed clear to me. I changed the recipe a little (replaced honey with agave syrup) to make it suitable for vegan. People might hesitate of tasting this fudge if you tell them that it contains black beans, so tell them after they have tried. (; You really don’t taste the black beans, it just tastes like a super delicious and healthy chocolate fudge. (:
- 1 can organic black beans, drained (you could also use lentils)
- 4 heaped tbsp agave syrup
- 4 heaped tbsp good quality 100% cocoa
- 6 tbsp coconut butter (you could also use coconut oil or cocoa butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
Preparation (makes 35-40 pieces):
- Line a small square or rectangle tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients in to a food processer and blend until completely smooth. Spoon in to the prepared tray or container. Place a piece of baking paper on top of the mixture. Press down until evenly smoothed out. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set.
- Remove from the freezer and transfer to a chopping board. Carefully peel off the baking paper, then cut in to bite size pieces.
- Keep it in the fridge or the freezer.
4 thoughts on “Delicious vegan black bean fudge”
Oh my goodness – I fear I may have to take up baking again, these recipes sound intriguing. Thank you.
We´re glad to hear that. Baking is such a great hobby and we are really happy to pass on our enthusiasm. (:
hummm looks good.