I recently found a new blog named ‘petite kitchen‘ and totally fell in love with it! The recipes are healthy and so creative. The owner’s name is Jennifer Garrett and her food creations look crazily delicous. I’ve tried two of the recipes until yet and they both turned out to taste as good as the looked in the photos. I changed this recipe a little to make it siutable for vegan (I replaced honey with agave syrup). This just had to try this recipe because I love avocados and I’ve never used it as an ingredient of a dessert. So, here we go:
what you need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 heaped tablespoons of good quality dutch cocoa (I used 100% cocoa)
- 1/4 can thick coconut milk (from the top of the can) (I used about 150ml)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk ever so slightly, stir in the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Leave to cool.
- Put the remaining ingredients in to a food processor, and add cooled chocolate mixture. Blend until completely smooth. About 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert cups. Refrigerate for an hour or so or until well chilled, then serve.