I tried this recipe a couple of days ago and I was amazed! The cookies taste so delicious and I found it on ‘Vegan Guerilla‘ which is my favorite source for vegan recipes at the moment.
It was a real challenge to find vegan chocolate in Vienna but then my friend Niki told me about a small vegan and vegetarian restaurant that also has a little supermarket in it. There I finally found the vegan chocolate. You can also find soy chocolate in supermarkets for organic food. Simply read the ingredients on the backside, sometime there is even a note such as ‘suitable for vegan’. Nadja also found out about the first vegan supermarket in Vienna which will open in July. It´s called “Veganz”, which already is loctaed in Germany. In Vienna they will have a big assortment of vegan food. I hope to come up with some more vegan recipes soon. (:
- 350g flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 110g white sugar
- 110g brown sugar
- 200g vegan chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 100g walnuts, chopped (optional, but so good!)
- 250g margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- Preaheat the oven to 190°C.
- Mix the margarine with the white and the brown sugar as well as the vanilla until creamy. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour-mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well. Incorporate the walnuts and chopped chocolate with a rubber spatula.
- Cover the tray with a baking sheet. Use your hands to form round cookies and place them on the sheet, leaving a little space between them. Bake for 9-12 minutes. The shouldn’t get brown, either they’ll be too dry).