Yesterday we made some really delicious pastries. Noemi brought this french cookbook “Que faire avec le fromage frais” form Paris, when she visited a couple of weeks ago and now we finally got to try out some recipes. We got to make some puff party squares filled with mushrooms, feta cheese and parsley which are perfect for appetizers. And for dessert we made some small cakes in souffle molds. In this cook book they actually added clementines, but instead we used raspberries, because we´re a huge fan of them. This cookbook is mostly about pastries and dishes consisting of cheese, actually like its name says fromage frais, which means cream cheese.
This is what we have baked from this cook book:
Petits gâteaux aux framboises – for 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 100g sour cream
- 50g yoghurt
- 150g raspberries
- 80g sugar
- 70g flour
- 60g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Melt the butter. In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar and the melted butter together, then add the eggs.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder over the egg and sugar mixture. Add the orange zest, the sour cream and the yoghurt. Mix well.
- Add raspberries and pour batter into souffle molds.
- Bake them for 25 minutes or until lightly brown on the top.
Petits chaussons feuilletés à la feta et aux champignons Puff pastry sqaures filled with champignions and feta cheese – for 4 servings
- 150g feta cheese
- 250g champignons
- 2 rolls puff pastry
- 20g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210°C. Wash and coarsely chop the champignons. Chop the garlic clove.
- In a pan, melt the butter. ADd the champignons and the garlic.Cook the until there is no more liquide. Add the whiskey, the sel and the black pepper. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then let it cool.
- Chop the parsley. MIx it with the feta and add the champignons to the mixture.
- Cut puff pastes into quarters and place them on a baking sheet.
- Put 1 tsp. of filling on each square and fold together to a triangle.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.