I found this spread- recipe on FitForFun and it’s now one of my favorite spreads. I usually prepare this one for dinner because it is easy and fast to prepare and as I always eat a warm meal for lunch, I prefer something cold or light for dinner. It really tastes amazing with whole wheat (whole grain) bread and actually it can also be served at your coming garden parties this summer…
What you need (for 1 serving):
- 50g low-fat quark (I use 0,1% quark)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk (I use lactose free 1,8% milk)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon whole hazelnuts
- freshly ground black pepper
How to prepare:
- In a bowl, mix quark, milk, curry powder, salt and black pepper together until smooth.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a pan, without using butter, oil or other fats. Coarsely chop them.
- Spread the spread on a slice of whole wheat (whole grain) bread and top with the toast hazelnuts.