For the third cookbook of the month I chose a cookbook I bought in France. It is a must have for all NUTELLA lovers! The french cook book´s name is “Nutella les 30 recettes culte”, where you can find sauce variations, pastries, cakes, lovely treats and more – all of them with a special ingredient: NUTELLA! (:
Here I present you some recipes:
My mum’s favourite brownies:
BROWNIES au noix de pécan (for 6-8 servings)
- 3 eggs
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped (I used white chocolate)
- 100g NUTELLA
- 150g butter
- 150g sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 80g flour, sifted
- 50g pecans
- Preheat the oven on 200°C and butter a square cake pan.
- Chop the nuts and toast them in a pan without oil.
- Melt the butter and the NUTELLA over simmering water and stir well.
- Remove the preparation from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until smooth. Add the NUTELLA mixture and the flour, then add the chopped toasted pecans. Stir carefully and just until incorporated.
- Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes.
One of my favourte treats for birthday or christmas presents, so delicious!!! :
TRUFFETTES – makes about 20 truffettes
- 400g NUTELLA
- about 16 hazel nuts
- 100g dark chocolate (I used white chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa
- Put the NUTELLA on a soup plate and place it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove it and form small balls, a hazel-nut placed in it’s center. Put the balls on a plat and leave it in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and the creamover simmering water. Stir carfully until comes together.
- Remove the NUTELLA balls dip them in the chocolate and place them on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet.
- Place the balls in the fridge for about 1 hour or until firm, then roll them in the dark cocoa.
- Keep the TRUFFETTES in the fridge.
A sweet variation of ‘Crème anglaise’ which goes very well with the Brownies below:
CRÈME ANGLAISE au NUTELLA
- 1 raised tablespoon NUTELLA
- 200ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 40g sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- Bring the milk and the vanilla sugar to a boil, stirring continuous. Remove it from the heat and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Blend the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add the milk to the egg mixture and mix well. Put the preparation into a pot and heat it, stirring continuous. (DO NOT BRING IT TO A BOIL!!!)
2 thoughts on “Cookbook of the month: February”
I am a HUGE LOVER of Nutella! You should check out the Nutella cookies that I made… Thanks so much for your visit. You have a great blog and lovely recipes!
Thank you! We will check out your recipe for sure! N&N (: